|No Sinner is a Christian by Thejustman(m): Mon Dec 2017 07:53pm|
TEXT: 1 JOHN 3: 1 - 24
M/VERSE: 1 PETER 4:18
AIM: The universal man recognizes that he has no legal standing with God. The numerous temples, alters and priesthood of all nations eloquently confess man's consciousness of sin and of fear of death and judgement to follow. None of the old religions of the world has any real hope or solution of the sin problem (John 15:22, Rom. 5:18-19). The Gospel of Christ presents God as reconcilable through a mediator and lets you see God reconciling the world to Himself that sin may not be
imputed to them (2Cor. 5:19). But if sinners are good in the sight of the Lord and He is pleased in them then where is the God of Judgement, (Mal. 2:17, Heb. 9:27).
1. Describe the position of man after the fall
2. (a) What is reconciliation? (b) Who are the reconciled?
3. Why are sinners no Christians?
1. Man became mortal and a subject of the Devil (1Cor. 15:53, Eph. 2:3). He is giving birth to children not for God but for the glory and joy of the devil (Ps. 127:3, Prov. 22:6). Man is a partaker of satanic nature that has made him an enemy of God. Since his treason, man has no legal approach to God except through a bleeding sacrifice, anointed priesthood, through dreams or angelic visitations. His mind has become blinded by the Devil Read (John 12:40, 2Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:12).
2. Reconciliation means to establish peace or to make friendly again. After the fall, man became an enemy of God because he now partakes of satanic nature, his new father and ruler, (John 8:44). Spiritual Death overwhelms man, and in this realm he is in enmity against God (Rom 7:24-25, Rom. 8:1). The substitutionary redemption plan is the basis for God reconciling with man (Isa. 25:7-9, Isa. 53:6, Matt. 4:16). The entire plan is to retrieve man from spiritual death and to give man the very nature of God, which is spiritual life (John 10:10, John 17:3-4, Rom. 6:23, John 1:4).
(b) The reconciled are they who are now given the power to become children of God. Their sonship privileges have been restored to them and they now bear the seed of God (1John 3:14-15, Col. 2:13, Rom. 8:14).
3. Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world (John 1:29). This sin is spiritual death which shut man out of the sight of God. Col. 2:15, Rev. 1:18 give a picture of the combat that Jesus had with the adversary, and after meeting the claims of justice had been made alive in spirit (1Tim. 3:16). That victory is human's victory. And as many that claim this victory of Christ possess the seed of God (2Cor. 5:17, 1Cor. 15:54-55). In God there is no sin, and to them that have His nature cannot commit sin (1John 3:9). This was the case with the apostles, Paul and all greatly used men of God. The seed of God in them made them as perfect as God, and were described as Christ-like from which the name Christianity developed. God's nature has not changed, fallen man's nature has not changed. How can now a sinner be good in the sight of God considering Gen. 6:3, Ex. 33:20, Eph. 2:12.
To the born again, read John 5:14, John 8:11, Heb. 10:26, 1John 2:29. To the unregenerated read 1John 1:8-10 and John 1:12. Be reminded, therefore that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, neither doth corruption inherit incorruption (1Cor. 15:50).
CONCLUSION: Jesus is coming soon. Where will you spend Eternity? Read your Bible daily.
Viewing this topic: , and 1 guest(s)
No. 1 African's Christian Forum - Copyright © 2016 No. 1 African's Christian Forum. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Every No. 1 African's Christian Forum member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on No. 1 African's Christian Forum.